A tattoo is termed as a permanent mark design by an artist. Most artists’ uses hand-held machines with one or more needles to pierce the skin severally .when the whole process takes place some precautions are taken into consideration. Some of the precautions include:
- Ensure that the person designing your tattoo is trained; before being tattooed you should ensure that the artist is legally recognized and licensed too. This will help you to take legal measures in case of any abnormalities.
- Ensure that the tattoo artist wear gloves; in every step the tattoo artist makes you should make sure that you wears fresh gloves. The reason behind this is to avoid transmission of some illness that can be spread through touching infected body fluids.
- Ensure that the tattoo artist use proper equipments; the tattoo artist should use equipments freshly removed from a sealed packet. Any loose equipment should not be used at whatever cost.
- The tattoo artist must sterilize no disposable equipment; the artist should use heat to sterile no disposable machines. The tables and sinks should be disinfected using a bleaching solution.
- You should remove the bandage after 24 hours; the bandage covering your tattoo should be removed after 24 hours. This will be followed by application of an antibiotic as it heals.
- The tattooed skin should be kept clean; the tattooed skin should be washed using plain water, direct stream of water should be avoided.
- You should use a moisturizer; the tattooed skin should be moisturized using mild moisturizer.
- Avoid exposure to the sun; keep the tattoo skin off the direct sun for at least one week.
Avoid swimming; you should keep away from hot tubs, lakes, rivers and other water bodies till the tattoo fully heals.
Like any other important aspects of life, a tattoo should be treated with a lot of cautions. This is because it can even cost your life.